Northumberland CVA (the operating name of Wansbeck CVS) developed The Vantage Fund in memory of Sheila McGuckin, Wansbeck CVS’s Chief Executive and community sector champion, who died suddenly in February 2010.
The focus of the Fund in it is seventh year of operation is Small purchases for Small groups. This may be some cutlery or crockery for a tea group, some toys for a mum and toddler group or even some equipment for a small sports team. Voluntary and community sector organizations, based in the old Wansbeck area with an income up to £25,000.00 are eligible to apply for grants up a maximum of £350.00
Applications will be viewed by a grants panel, with decisions based on a scoring system. The panel will review the focus of the Fund on an annual basis.
For this round, the Fund will distribute small grants between £50 and £350.00 to charities and voluntary & community organisations in the former Wansbeck district of south east Northumberland.
Examples of grants maybe:
- Crockery for a tea club.
- Toys for a mum and toddler group.
- Sports equipment for a small sports group.
- Trips that will benefit members
Applications will be considered on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be members of Northumberland CVA
- Will the grant make a difference to a small group?
- Will it benefit the wider community?
- Does it represent value for money?
- Does the applicant follow good practice (applicants must provide copies of their constitution, annual accounts (bank statement if new group), child/vulnerable adult protection policy and any relevant quotes)
To apply please download the application form.