The Bridge Project is funded by the Big Lottery and the European Socal Fund (ESF) as part of the Building Better Opportunities Programme
Northumberland CVA’s Supported Volunteering Project forms part of a larger programme called the Bridge Project. This larger Bridge Project provides a number of interventions for individuals who face multiple barriers in their lives.
Our Supported Volunteering Project encourages beneficiaries, who have a range of additional support needs, to gain confidence, self-esteem and practical skills by undertaking volunteering with the support of a buddy so they are able to move into unsupported volunteering, training or employment.
Northumberland CVA is responsible for recruiting Volunteer Buddies to support the beneficiaries not only to find a suitable volunteering opportunities amongst the wide range of organisations in Northumberland who are able to offer volunteering experierence, but also with travel to and from the volunteering opportunity.
Buddies will also liaise with Northumberland CVA, beneficiaries and volunteer placement organisations and offer support over the duration of the volunteering experience to ensure that beneficiaries have a positive volunteering experience and are able to reach their own potential.
Our supported Volunteering Project is looking for Volunteer Buddies
- To provide 1 to 1 support to an individual with multiple barriers who wants to improve their confidence and life experiences
- To accompany the individual and assist them to undertake volunteering in their preferred organisation
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with allocated volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations
- Out of pocket expenses will be paid
- A DBS check will be required
Would you like:
- To support others who are less confident?
- To improve or gain new skills?
- To meet new people?
- An opportunity to undertake a new challenge?
- Willing to undertake training and development?
- A good listener with good communication skills?
- Empathetic and non-judgemental?
- Able to explain information clearly?
- Commit to a minimum of one half day per week for volunteering plus time for training and support meetings?
For an informal chat and to find out more:
Call Lisa Wackett on 01670 858 688