The Digital Fund will open in phases over the next two years. The first phase, open from 22nd October 2018 to 5pm 3rd December 2018, will accept proposals in two strands.
Digital Fund Strand 1 offers grants of up to £500,000 and a tailored support package. The aim is to help established charities use digital to take a major leap forward.Applicants must:
- Demonstrate a firm commitment by organisational leadership to changing the way that the organisation serves people and communities.
- Contain a plan that has been developed in accordance with good digital practices, such as committing to an iterative approach, and making sure that people are in the lead.
- Supply evidence that the organisation has already invested in digital, prior to this proposal.
- Show a commitment to working generously, sharing what you learn and the products or services you produce with others.
- Have an income over £500,000 per year.
- Be incorporated within the UK, and must work primarily in the voluntary and community sector
Digital Fund Strand 2 offers grants of up to £500,000 for newer organisations that have already launched promising services that use digital to achieve scale or impact.Applicants must:
- Have made use of user-centred design.
- Clearly demonstrate either the potential to scale your impact at low cost, or clearly demonstrate potential to use digital to bring substantial benefits to a specific group of people.
- Be driven by teams that combine knowledge of an issue that matters to people and communities, with experience of digital delivery.
- Relate to a product or service that is far enough through its development process that people are currently benefiting from it.
- Provide evidence of impact upon those people.
- Have a theory of change or similar document showing how the product or service will achieve aims that benefit a specific group of people.
- Show an understanding of the challenge of sustaining impact after the ending of Big Lottery Fund support.
- Have been incorporated after the year 2000
- Currently operate a product or service that is functional and being used by the type of people and communities you plan to serve in future
Full details are available on the Big Lottery Fund's website.