This fund will provide grants and non-monetary support to organisations with a turnover under £1m who want to change, survive, adapt and grow so they can better address needs in communities. The fund will prioritise organisations working in the areas of poverty; mental health and wellbeing; diversity and inclusion; and educational disadvantage.
The Fund aims to make grants of £5k to £25k over one or two years and provide access to non-monetary support via existing Community Foundation initiatives (e.g. pro-bono support and TrusteeMatch) and external schemes.
In addition, the Fund will also support some groups who are unsuccessful in getting a grant but are identified as one that would benefit from some consultancy/development support. These will be identified from the main grants programme. This support cannot be applied for separately.
To this end groups could be looking at any of the following areas to develop though this is not an exhaustive list:
- Exploration of new income generation opportunities/expansion of existing activities.
- Takeover of community assets or to bring assets to life
- Expansion of existing activities
- Formal partnerships/mergers but not TUPE costs.
- Restructuring of management or services
- Board development/governance reviews and improvements
- Leadership development (e.g. mentoring programme or learning visits for CEO)
- Strategic business and financial planning
- Piloting of new approaches/services
- Introduction of service efficiencies
The deadline for submitting an Expression of Interest is 9am on 10th December. Stage 2 is a panel presentation.
Full details are available on the Community Foundation's website.