Heritage Lottery Fund have changed their name to The National Lottery Heritage Fund and have launched a new funding strategy.
The new approach includes:
- A major focus on nature, communities, and on ensuring everyone is able to enjoy heritage.
- new models of investment, moving beyond grants to include loans and partnerships.
- more support for commercial, sustainable approaches to tackling heritage that’s in danger of being lost
- investment and support to help heritage organisations to be more financially sustainable
- a requirement for every heritage project that receives funding to be environmentally friendly
- simpler, streamlined and more efficient funding
- greater engagement and support to help 13 deprived communities that have in the past been less successful securing funding
- continued support for large-scale, iconic projects over £5 million
The open programme for applications is National Lottery Grants for Heritage which is for any type of heritage project from £3,000–£5 million. These grants are divided in to 3 categories:
£3,000 to £10,000
£10,000 to £250,000
£250,000 to £5m More information is available at www.heritagefund.org.uk