Equality North East is proud to announce that the 2017 North East Equality Awards is open for applications.
In 2017 North East Equality Awards celebrates 14 years of outstanding equality and diversity practices across the public, private and not for profit sectors.
Since 1997 Equality North East has had the privilege to work with some fantastic organisations and individuals who are committed to creating a fairer future for all.
The past twelve months have seen some dramatic political changes both here at home and on the international front. The result of the U.S. Presidential election continues to adversely impact on the inclusion agenda across all aspects of society, and will undoubtedly create uncertainties likely to affect us all.
This year the event is at the Hilton Hotel in Gateshead on the evening of 19th October 2017. We’ll celebrate those businesses and organisations thriving in an increasingly competitive economy who demonstrate diversity and inclusion make sound business sense.
Applications are invited for the following award categories:
- Organisations up to 50 staff
- Organisations between 51 and 250 staff
- Educational & Training Organisations up to 50 staff
- Educational & Training Organisations over 50 staff
- Larger Organisations Making a Difference in the Community
- Individuals Making a Difference
- Groups Making a Difference
- TUC Improving Working Lives Award
- Organisations Supporting People with Disabilities
Details on how to make an application for the awards can be found online at http://www.equality-ne.co.uk/projects/awards/
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th August 2017.
Equality North East will be hosting support days for applicants to receive guidance and advice on completing applications. Please see the Equality North East website for further information www.equality-ne.co.uk.