We are looking to expand our team of Volunteer Buddies across Northumberland.
Northumberland CVA’s Supported Volunteering project supports individuals on the Bridge Northumberland programme, undertaking volunteering opportunities to develop their confidence and life experiences to improve the skills they need to find work.
Gordon, one of our long-standing buddies said ‘After retiring I wanted to give a little back to the community and being a volunteer buddy has allowed me to do this while improving the employment prospects of the volunteers I support. For those I have supported on a weekly basis I have seen each and every one of them grow in confidence, until for some they are perfectly capable of working unsupported’.
What being a Volunteer Buddy involves;
- Be able to explain things clearly and have empathy and understanding
- Willing to commit to a minimum of one half day per week plus training prior to becoming a buddy
- Undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check
- Be willing to accompany and in some cases transport individuals to placements
- You will be required to advise your insurance company that you are volunteering and must provide proof of insurance and registration details to enable us to confirm your car is taxed and MOT
- Out of pocket expenses will be paid.