Do you have fundraising experience?
Would you like the opportunity to apply this experience in a meaningful volunteer trustee role to launch young people for life, whilst also enhancing your skills, boosting your self-esteem and meeting new people?
The Sea Cadets is the UK’s leading maritime charity and provides a head start in life for young people through nautical adventure and fun. Our volunteers work, both directly with young people and behind the scenes, to help make a positive difference to teenagers who are often struggling in today’s world and their communities.
Ashington Sea Cadet Unit, based on Black Close Bank, is currently looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Fundraiser to join its Unit Management Team (UMT). Ashington is a long-established Sea Cadet Unit that has provided life-changing opportunities for many young people. We currently have 30 cadets who come from all over Ashington and surrounding areas.
The Charity is currently looking for enthusiastic trustees that can support with fundraising for the Unit. There are free training courses available for you to develop new skills, boost your CV and support you in this role. These tasks can also be divided between volunteers, so why not come along with a friend and share the experience?
About the Volunteer Trustee Fundraiser role:
The tasks of a Fundraiser include but are not restricted to the following:
- To plan ideas for generating funds for the unit.
- To encourage and lead other volunteers and cadets in fundraising projects.
- Identify fundraising sources, with advice, guidance and support from the Sea Cadets Fundraising Team.
- Develop links with local contacts and produce a database of potential funders.
- Raise awareness of the unit to the local community
- Develop and encourage links with business.
- Attend a regular UMT meeting - usually 1 hour, monthly or bi-monthly, on a weekday evening
Previous fundraising experience would help, although having the right attitude and a passion for improving the lives of young people are the most important things! If you think the person specification below sounds like you, then please get in touch:
- You are reliable, honest and trustworthy
- You are a good communicator
- You enjoy working as part of a team
- You are enthusiastic and keen to learn new things
- You have previous fundraising experience (or would like to learn!)
Ready to join?
If you think this volunteer role is for you then please do contact the unit directly to find out how you can start making a difference! After an initial conversation, you will need to undergo an informal interview, an online induction process and complete a DBS clearance.